This Christian Baseball League of Las Cruces is a non profit summer recreational baseball league for kids ages 5-15. The CBL is a non-denominational league that accepts kids at various skill level. Please see the below FAQ for all questions. For any other inquiries please contact David Wibe at 575-541-4540.
1. When does the season start and end? Our league runs from 1st week of May till the End of June with a single elimination tourney for the 9-15 year old division.
2. What are the age levels per division?
T-Ball Baseball is 5 and 6 year olds.
Coach Pitch Baseball is 7 and 8 year olds
A Division: [Kid Pitch Baseball] 9 and 10 year olds
AA Division: 11 and 12 year olds
AAA Division: 13 – 15 year olds
Majors (not implemented this year) 16-18 years old
4. What is the deadline for registration? Deadline for birthdays is May 1, however we give a 2 week grace period in most cases so that kids born on May 4 don’t have to leave their team.
5. How do we Register? Registration takes place the first 2 weekends of March for all new players and players that are switching teams. Returning players are asked to register with the coach of their team. This years registration will take place on March 3rd and March 10 from 12 PM to 2PM at the Branigan Library. Please bring a copy of birth certificate to registration.
6. Is online registration available? Yes, we do have online registration available for this season. Please note the service we are using charges a $2 processing fee for online registratione. Please click here CBL Registration. If you want to register in person you can register March 3 and March 10 from 12pm – 2 pm at Thomas Branigan Memorial Library in Las Cruces.
7. How much does it cost to play? We charge $50 dollars per player for the season, which gives you a minimum of 10 games plus a tourney. You will also be asked by the team to buy your uniform and possible supply drinks and after game snacks 1 time.
8. Where do the Christian Baseball League teams practice? Where does the Christian Baseball League play their games? Most coaches practice at various places around town including most elementary schools. Most coaches practice 1 to 2 times per week before the season and not as much during the season. Games are played at Soldados Fields (across from the skatepark) for T-Ball and Coach Pitch. The Field of Dreams softball complex in Las Cruces (across from Mayfield High School) for A and AA. At Apodaca park (High School Baseball field on Madrid) for AAA.
9. When will I find out what team I play for? If you are a returning player, the coach should contact you from the previous years roster, but if you have changed your number please see this website for a list of coaches contacts. If you are a new player you will be assigned a team and the coach will contact you when practices begin.
10. What equipment should I buy? Most teams will have bats and practice baseballs, however some players choose to purchase their own bat. All players will need a glove, uniform, and hat. Optional equipment is cleats (rubber for A and AA) metal for (AAA), batting gloves, and personalized catcher equipment in some cases.
11. What are the rules of the Las Cruces Christian Baseball League? We abide by a specialized set of rules that we developed and are available here. Mostly they follow the little league rules where players cannot steal bases until after the ball crosses home plate.